Identify an unknown song track within seconds
TrackID is a music recognition app that quickly identifies and displays the name of the song currently playing on any Android device. Android users no longer need to struggle to remember the name of the songs they enjoy listening to or scramble to perform on an online search for the name or lyrics. With this app, you will always know the name of the song you are listening to.
While identifying songs for users is a great feature of the TrackID app, that is not all the app has to offer. Users can also find and read biographies to learn more about the artists who create their favorite music, watch music videos, and even track the music charts to see how their favorite artists, songs, and albums are faring against the competition.
The TrackID app also gives users the ability to preview music to see if they would like to own the songs. If so, then they can choose to download the song and even add it directly to a Spotify playlist.
One of the really nice features of the TrackID app is the offline mode, which allows users to continue to get the information about the music they listen to. While the device is offline, the app will keep the information and provide the information as soon as the device is reconnected to an internet connection. That way users never have to worry about not being connected to the internet. Another great feature of the TrackID app is the ability to share the music the app identifies for you via the WhatsApp social media platform.
- Identifies songs within seconds.
- Additional features like artist biographies and access to music videos.
- Share songs via social media.
- Some users complain about the app's accuracy.
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- REORDER_TASKS: Allows an application to change the Z-order of tasks.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.